A few gripes with the new MacBookPro
1) The keyboard layout/print is slightly smaller and it doesn’t feel as good as the spacing of the 2014 model I owned; my fingers feel a little more cramped and I’m constantly hitting wrong keys, which was never an issue before. Anyone else?
2) When I’m entering a URL and the use the return key, half of the time it will register and go to the website and the other half of the time it will highlight the URL I just entered and do nothing, as if I just manually selected the address. Is there a reason for this?
3) The smaller up and down arrow keys… As a music producer in Ableton and Logic I’m using these a lot. The left and right keys are perfect size but the up and down ones are annoyingly small. I have to check to make sure I’m not gonna accidentally press both at the same time.
4) Totally fine with the touch bar aside from adjusting volume is now a tap, wait, slide as opposed to the 2014 model I had where you just click and immediately adjust the volume. They literally added a step in slowing down your workflow to accommodate the touch bar. The option of being able to tap and scroll videos is great but not at the sacrifice of making previous keystrokes longer. Also as a music producer when I’m reaching for hot keys sometimes my ring or pinky finger will accidentally touch the touch bar, activating something I didn’t want. Not a big deal on that one.
5) I want to bring up USB-C but I won’t. Technology changes over time and there are adaptors for that.
6) The size of the trackpad is fine, but the double click/hard click doesn’t really seem purposeful to me. What benefit does this really have?
I know these are minor details for the most part after just dropping 3 grand I was kind of thrown off by these issues. Am I wrong?