My iPhone has been acting up ever since that new ios update
So my iPhone 7 Plus has been acting up ever since that new 11.3.1 update. Here are the symptoms:
* 3 days ago, the screen would turn off temporarily every time I hover around the proximity sensor, as if the phone thinks that I am always on a call. After a few restarts, everything would go back to normal for a few hours, and then appear again.
* 3 days ago, the phone would restart every time I watch a video. I tried Youtube, Chrome (multiple sites) and a few other apps (Reddit included), and the problem persisted. Eventually, the phone would throw itself into a bootloop, only to boot up normally again after a couple of minutes. Then a few horus later, the bootloops would reappear.
* 2 days ago, the volume adjustment popup would randomly appear every time I watch a video or listen to a song, and would stay up until i turn off the screen. This seems to be random, as I can’t reconstruct the problem every time I watch a video.
* This morning, the sound coming from the bottom speaker flickered (can’t seem to find a better word) and distorted heavily at medium to high volume, especially the bass parts of songs. I noticed that the problem seemed to be more severe if I hold the phone vertically.
* A few hours ago, the home button stopped working. The phone showed a somewhat helpful popup that there seemed to be something wrong with the home button, and that it should be looked at, and that I should use an on screen button for now. The problem persisted through restarts, and as of the time of writing, I still can’t use the home button
* Also a few hours ago, the phone would stopped vibrating and, interestingly, playing sounds in general. The phone would refuse to play any videos from any sources, or any songs from my itunes or spotify playlist. This problem seemed to have started at the same time as the home button one above.
I can’t seem to find a common thread in all these problems. The symptoms would come and go at random, and everything started when I installed 11.3.1.
At this point I would bring the phone to an Apple store, but there are no official stores where I live, just Authorized Retail ones, so I don’t know how much they are willing to help. Am I looking at software or hardware issues?