iOS developer beta on iPhone 6S
I’ve downloaded iOS12 developer beta on my daily driver and wanted to share my experience here.
Oh my that buttery smoothness with the scrolling! Shake to undo on typing detects faster, widgets loads faster, universal search fetches faster, it’s not only snappier it’s really smooth like good avocado spread!
Only one problem so far, the wallpaper lost the grey tint over it, making the app/folder titles hard to read.
Okay it’s 2 AM over here I should get some sleep, will update with y’all tomorrow when I get to mess with the update.
Problems encountered so far:
1) Shortcut App ~~missing~~ isn’t available on Beta 1(you can still create simple shortcuts through Siri settings).
2) 1-2 app crashes happening so far, can’t determine cause.
3) Settings crashes ~~often~~ when messing with Shortcuts.
4) Missing tint on wallpaper negatively impacts names of apps and folders in App Drawer.
5) Auto rotate is faster.
6) Measure app works best when calibration is done right by pointing the camera at a 30-45 degree angle at the object standing 3-4 feet away. My guess is single camera setups hamper AR experience.
7) Widgets loads almost instantly now.
8) Accessing camera from control center or notification shade is far more reliable as it doesn’t crash like it used to.
9) Screen time isn’t accurate. Time spent registered twice when using Apollo reddit client.
I suck at Reddit formatting