Buy iPad Pro 10.5 now or wait till next version?
EDIT: It seems I didn’t make this question quite clear enough. I’m new to Apple/iPad/iOS, having been firmly rooted in the Windows/Linux/Android world. I’m plan to use the iPad Pro for music production and recording, Apple Pencil drawing/painting (Procreate), video recording, potentially video editing, photo editing, PDF creation/editing, of course docs/spreadsheets, internet browing, media consumption, etc.
Since I’m new to the ecosystem, I don’t know if I’m better off going with the current version (with current processor, camera, home button, etc) or waiting till the new one comes out. I’m not one to always want the latest and greatest but given that some of the things I plan to do are processor intensive and camera dependent, I was curious about opinions from those who better know the hardware and OS. Also, since I’ve not owned and iPad or iPhone, I don’t know the benefits/downsides to home button over FaceID – if they move ahead with that, as expected. Would you expect the headphone jack to stay or go? Could I use a headphone jack adapter with another lightning adapter at the same time? These are things I don’t know since I’ve never actually owned an iOS device before. I’d truly love to learn more from those who know the hardware/OS…hence posting here.
Title pretty much says it all, trying to decide whether to buy the current gen iPad Pro 10.5 or wait for the next version. While I know that no one can know for sure, the tech sites seem to think that fall (September-ish) is the most likely time we’ll see the next gen iPad Pro (also based upon some of the code in the newest iOS 12 Betas). What do you think? What would you do? Do the newest features (like FaceID, etc) help the experience or hurt? What is the existing processor and camera like? If it were your money, would you buy now or wait?
Thanks so much in advance! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. 🙂