It would make more sense for Apple to switch to RISC-V instead of ARM.
* make their own graphics, which they already do.
* make specialized chips for everything.
* get it cheaper due to it being royalty free.
* get backwards compatibility between macs, iPhone and iPad.
* be more secretive due to it being open source.
* get atleast some compatibility with Linux and windows as these are and are more than likely going to be recompiled for the architecture
There probably more that I haven’t thought of and it’s a few years away, but I really think that Apples engineers could make really nice RISC-V chips.
So any thoughts on this?