Everything Apple Announced at Today's 'Gather Round' Event in 6 Minutes
Apple today held its annual iPhone-centric event, and this year’s keynote saw the debut of impressive new iPhone and Apple Watch models.
It took Apple two hours to introduce the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and Apple Watch Series 4 models, but we’ve recapped the entire event in just six minutes for our readers who want a no-frills overview of all the announcements.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos.
The $999 iPhone XS and and $1,099 XS Max, Apple’s two OLED devices in 5.8 and 6.5-inch sizes, were the star of the event, but Apple also introduced the 6.1-inch $749 iPhone XR and impressive new Apple Watch Series 4 models with larger displays, tweaked designs, and an ECG function for better than ever health monitoring.
We’ve rounded up all of our coverage of today’s event in the post below, so make sure to check out everything so you don’t miss any of the updates.
iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
- Apple Announces ‘iPhone XS’ and ‘iPhone XS Max’ With Gold Color, Faster Face ID, and More
- Apple’s iPhone XS, XS Max and XR Won’t Ship With Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Apple Reveals ‘iPhone XR’ With 6.1-Inch Liquid Retina LCD Display and Six Color Options Starting at $749
- Apple’s 2018 iPhones Continue to Ship With 5W Power Adapter
- Apple Releases New Cases for iPhone XS and XS Max
- Apple Debuts New AppleCare+ Theft and Loss Plan Priced at $299 for iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max to be Available SIM-Free at Launch
- iPhone XS Hands On: XS Max Feels ‘Shockingly’ Light, Killer Features are Depth of Field Slider in Photos and Dual SIM
- eSIM in iPhone XS, XS Max and iPhone XR Won’t Be Available at Launch, Apple to Activate Later
- iPhone XS Max is Apple’s Most Expensive iPhone Model to Date at $1,449 for 512GB
- iPhone XS and XS Max Feature Upgraded IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- iPhone XR Hands-On: Vibrant Colors, Solid Camera/Display, and Cheaper Price Should Entice Many Users
Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Unveils Apple Watch Series 4 With 30 Percent Larger Display, Thinner Body, ECG Reader, Fall Detection, and More
- Apple Watch Gains New Band Colors in Sport, Sport Loop, Leather, and Stainless Steel
- Apple Seeds iOS 12 Golden Master to Developers and Public Beta Testers Ahead of September 17 Launch Date
- Apple Seeds Eleventh Beta of macOS Mojave to Developers Ahead of September 24 Launch
- Apple Seeds tvOS 12 Golden Master to Developers and Public Beta Testers
- Apple Seeds watchOS 5 Golden Master to Developers
- Apple Discontinues iPhone SE, iPhone 6s and iPhone X
- Apple Discontinues Apple Watch Edition
- Apple Shares Full Video of Today’s ‘Gather Round’ iPhone and Apple Watch Event
- Apple Releases New Beats Solo3 Wireless and UrBeats3 to Match iPhone XS and iPhone XR
- After No Sign of AirPower at Today’s Event Apple Wipes Most Mentions From Website
The iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 will be available for pre-order on Friday, September 14, at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ahead of a September 21 launch.
Apple’s new iPhone XR will be available for pre-order on October 19 ahead of an October 26 launch.
Discuss this article in our forums