Advice portable/foldable (but not as a cover or in a folio) keyboard for iPad Pro 10.5?
Hi, I’m looking to find an ideal keyboard to use with my iPad pro 10.5 for typing up notes. I normally use my laptop, but due to personal reasons and my laptop’s weight, I’m seeking a lightweight option through a keyboard for my iPad. I would be grateful for any advice in regards to my fairly long inquiry.
My dilemma is that what I want in the keyboard is hard to find in ones currently made by popular/reliable brands. I also have several concerns about the few keyboards I have in mind since they either have sketchy origins/reviews (and don’t have the best return policy) or have an unjustified price (I’ll explain why this reason later) that make me wonder if there is a better option someone could recommend.
As a (very picky, sorry) summary, I basically need a keyboard that is:
* Compatible with an iPad Pro 10.5
* Portable, detached, and not in a case or binded folio
>Portable: Either foldable or in a sleeve that protects it; if not that, then the keyboard has to be durable enough that I don’t have to worry about it when carrying it in a laptop bag.
* Key height and keyboard layout are more similar to a laptop’s; so nothing like the Apple Smart Keyboard.
>The best comparison I can give is the keyboard on the [Logitech Slim Combo for the 12.9 iPad](https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-slim-combo-keyboard-folio-case-for-apple-12-9-inch-ipad-pro-black/5926600.p?skuId=5926600). I preferred how those felt and were spaced out (the 10.5 version failed in that area with the keys somehow being too close)
* Rechargeable with a good battery life + doesn’t drain an iPad at an inconvenient rate
* No issues with quality or lag while typing as I am a thorough note-taker
* Not heavy
* Sold by a retailer with a decent return policy (or warranty) and free/cheap return shipping (or can be returned in person) since the height/layout aspect is subjective
The lag/connection and battery life have me uncertain as to if I prefer a Smart Connector-based or a Bluetooth keyboard, so I would appreciate any insight about that.
Additionally, there are some features I would like but don’t need:
* A portable dock or stand where the viewing angle can be rotated. I can work with my trifold cover or get a separate stand, but having one that is meant for the keyboard would be nice.
* Backlit would be a nice option so that I won’t have regrets about not getting that feature, but it’s not too big of an issue with what I want.
* If there is a Rose Gold/Pink option, I would definitely prefer that over the same product in another color. However, a quality keyboard that is any color is prioritized over a Rose Gold mess of a product.
Considering all of that, I currently have four keyboards in mind which I would appreciate comments on if anyone has any experience with them. The link themselves are just to show the product and not exactly where I plan on buying the item.
* [Logitech – Slim Combo Keyboard Folio Case for Apple® 12.9-Inch Ipad® Pro](https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-slim-combo-keyboard-folio-case-for-apple-12-9-inch-ipad-pro-black/5926600.p?skuId=5926600)
> I’ve been able to try this keyboard out in person and the height/layout is perfect for me. It is wider than my iPad, but it still fits in my bag. I also like the foldable palm rest or whatever area. The 10.5 version was unappealing to me because of the closer keys and non-foldable bottom.
> My concern is over the price and carrying the keyboard without the case. The case for the iPad is totally useless for me since it’s meant for the 12.9, so I’ll be paying for something I don’t need and possibly leaving the keyboard vulnerable if it’s meant to be protected by the case.
* [Logitech iPad Keyboard and Stand Combo](https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Keyboard-Stand-Combo-generation/dp/B0054L8MR8)
> I really like the concept of this keyboard and would absolutely check it out in person if it was available in nearby retailers still.
> Its age has me concerned; like will it still work with my iPad? Will the keyboard itself actually work (since some recent buyers complain about receiving used models)? Will the height/layout be ideal? I also don’t like that it runs on batteries instead of being rechargeable.
* [Microsoft Universal Keyboard](https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/universal-mobile-keyboard/p2z-00006)
> This one also interests me considering the brand and stand aspect, and it has a rechargeable battery.
> I am worried again about the height/layout of the keys since I can’t check this out in person without ordering it first from somewhere. I also have read bad reviews about its compatibility with iOS.
* [iEGrow Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard, F18 Universal Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard Kickstand Holder Apple iPad iPhone IOS, Andriod, Windows(Rose Gold) and its variants](https://www.amazon.com/iEGrow-Bluetooth-F18-Universal-Kickstand/dp/B01KH3CFWA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1536796099&sr=8-6&keywords=rose+gold+keyboard+foldable)
> I love the aesthetic of this one. That’s all.
> I am extremely skeptical about the quality of this one or any clone of it, and still am not sure if I will find the keyboard comfortable over the height/layout.
So any thoughts or keyboard recommendations based on all of that above? Thank you tons in advance to anyone who responds (or reads)!