Should I buy a 2nd Gen Ipad pro?
I’m a college student who will be majoring in Computer Science and either Physics or Math.
I have a macbook that I bring to class and I wanted an iPad +apple pencil for note taking mainly because note taking and homework in physics and math is intense.
Here is everything I plan on doing on the iPad
1. I do digital art as a hobby. I started since I was 12 but was never consistent because wacoms pen and tablets are such a hassle to carry and attach to my laptop. This is also why I don’t want the 6th gen iPad because the gap between the screen was noticeable when I tried it out.
2. I want to be able to attach diagrams and complicated drawings that I will not be able to draw in math and physics (example: attaching photos of projectiles, topological shapes, 3D geometric shapes, etc and be able to label them)
3. Annotate PDFS! This is a big one! I often have to give my papers to other students to write comments in the margin and since its hard to add them on a laptop and printing is a waste, handing the iPad and pencil would be extremely convenient.
4. Scanning photos of assignments and saving them.
5. Making cheat sheets and quick review papers before tests.
6. Record lecture and refer back to it (I know notability has this function).
7. I use split screen often on my laptop with one side having a pdf of my textbook and the other side having evernote as I scroll and write down main ideas or what not. I’d like to keep this method except substitute typing for writing with the pencil.
I have several questions:
Given the things I just mentioned, what screen size would be best? 10.5 or 12.9 inch (or 11 inch.. which brings me to my next question.)
Is there a drastic difference between the 2017 IPP and the 2018 one? Should I throw in a couple more hundred dollars to buy the new one? I don’t really care about the high tech stuff.. the storage and screen size are my biggest concern.
On that note… is 64 GB enough? Or is that going to clog my iPads space?
Portablity isn’t TOO big of an issue since I already carry my laptop so the space in my bag is pretty much going to stay the same either way. The real question is how the 12.9 inch and 13 inch MacBook workspace going to be like? Will it take up too much desk space? Ideally, I would want my laptop on the desk and the iPad on my lap for smaller desks or have both on the desk for a much bigger desk (desk size is different relative to what part of the campus I am at. Generally speaking, lecture room desks are small but not too small that I can’t put the iPad 12.9. Only one device would fit on the desk).
My budget is 700-800 dollars. 1000 dollars is off limits. Ideally.. I’d want to spend no more than 750 dollars.