Switching from Android to Iphone…Should I?
I am lifetime android user currently using Pixel 2 XL and never leaned towards an Iphone because Android worked for me always with little hiccups here and there! I did not use an Iphone that much to know what are the perks I am getting using an IOS device.
Let me tell you the things I like using an Android/Pixel 2 XL.
* The different ways you can use your android device, don’t like the looks… customize it. I personally use Nova launcher with the gestures and I really like it because of its responsiveness and how you can change all the little things.
* I like how the notifications are presented on an android and how I can easily customize it for that notified app from the lock screen or else just by long pressing and go that app notification settings to change things. Here are the notification settings and how useful they are.
* Snoozing notifications is a very less talked feature that I really like, that is really a great little perk to have.
* Sharing from any app almost is very easy and convenient. Lets say I am writing an email and want to share something I can quickly select almost any file/image from any file like below.
[Share any file/Image/Video](https://i.redd.it/1zmeuv4v31y11.png)
* I use widgets almost everyday on the screen, I know there are widgets on IOS but the way they are implemented is different.
* Its good to have AOD (Always on display),the squeeze feature and the “now playing” feature is very good and improving. You can see the now playing history and quickly do the appropriate actions you like to do with that song like below, I found it useful to directly add to my playlist etc..
* The other thing I like about android is how easy it is to navigate around different settings, Lets say I need to go to WiFi settings, I can quickly go by long pressing the WiFi tile from the top of the screen. If I want to turn the DND on I just press the DND tile and it pops out this menu to choose, that is very convenient.
* There may be other little things that I may have forgot but they are useful in daily use.
* Almost all the services I use are from google like photos, drive, play music, YT Red. Anyone noticed using these services easy or hard or the same experience?
* I use google home, my question is does the home devices integrate well with IOS or does anyone noticed any limitations?
Cons/Good to have:
I do not have many cons because I never used an Iphone for a long time to appreciate what it has to offer, but here are the things that android can do better.
* RAM management,its annoying sometimes to wait for an app to load even I used that few minutes back. (I rarely play games)
* The occasional slow down of my phone is dumb. I usually clear all my recently opened apps to solve that slow responsiveness and sometimes reboot.
* Sometimes it gets warm and uneasy to hold, not very particular about but its annoying sometimes.
* Speakers are not that loud.
* Go to repair centers like Apple if you have a problem with the device.
Finally… I am planning to buy an Iphone XS for this thanks giving and need some input for figuring out whether or not to buy it. Thank you