A few keyboard questions
This is my first iPad Pro and I’ve never owned a Mac before, so I’m not sure if this is how all Apple keyboard are, but there are a few things I don’t understand. A few questions/observations.
1. The CMD button is the equivalent of Ctrl on a PC, right? I use it for shortcuts and I can also hold it a couple seconds for a list of shortcuts. It’s odd how it’s in the opposite position from Ctrl on a Windows PC.
2. Speaking of which, what does the Control button do? I haven’t been able to figure out any uses for it yet. Am I missing something?
3. The Option key is also confusing me. The only important use for it I’ve discovered so far is to hold it while hitting an arrow key to jump a word over or scroll faster. Option can also be held for all the weird characters that no one ever uses, but that seems kind of pointless, especially given that those characters aren’t printed on the keyboard, so there’s no way I’d ever remember them, even if I did need them for some reason. I don’t know why there are two Option keys, given that I never even use one of them.
4. Caps Lock defaults to changing languages. This was driving me mad. It had the exact same function as the globe button for switching between languages/emoji. I had to go into keyboard settings to toggle it so that Caps Lock actually functions as…caps lock.
5. No Escape key? Do you just hit CMD-H each time? That seems like an odd choice.
Surprisingly, I like the feel of the keyboard a lot more than I was expecting. I’ve always hated laptop keyboards, but the Smart Keyboard Folio feels good to type on – even on the small 11″ model.