after backing up my iPhone, system file size is ~10GB, is it normal size or is it supposed to be lower?
update: added details on **[how to clear “system” storage on iPhone from osXDaily.](http://osxdaily.com/2018/07/02/reduce-ios-system-storage-iphone-ipad/#comments)**
1. Connect iPhone with the cable to iTunes, either on Mac or PC.
2. Connect the USB cable to the computer, and then connect the iPhone or iPad to that USB cable
3. Unlock the iPhone or iPad by entering the devices passcode – if you have never connected it to the computer before you will need to “Trust” the computer when that pop-up shows up
4. Leave the iPhone or iPad connected to the computer with iTunes open for a few minutes, you do not need to sync or anything just let it sit
5. Launch the “Settings” app then go to “General” and to the “Storage” section of the device, scrolling all the way down to see “System”, it should have recalculated and often (but not always) reduced in size considerably
6. Disconnect the iPhone or iPad from the computer and USB cable and enjoy your new free storage space
Why this works isn’t entirely clear, but presumably when you connect an iPhone or iPad to a computer and open iTunes, it performs some sort of maintenance or cleanup behavior that dumps caches and temp files from the iOS System section, perhaps in preparation for a backup to iTunes, and when finished it can free up a notable amount of storage capacity on the device.