Apple should really work on the combination Apple TV – HomePod
Right now having an Apple TV and (a pair of) HomePod(s) in the same room doesn’t work great. They don’t work together a la unlocking your Mac with your Apple Watch. The Apple TV and HomePod should **together** control the room. The following this are necessary to make it a great experience that only Apple could do:
[Apple TV 4K with a HomePod.](https://i.redd.it/48yxku1y6bn21.jpg)
* The HomePod should with Siri be able to fully control the Apple TV:
* Play, pause, skip, lower volume
* Open Netflix, youtube
* “Play the latest episode of The Blacklist”
* “Continue watching The Lion King”
* “Show me pictures from last year”
* And lot more…
* Indicate which speakers and TV’s should be used per room. A distinction is made here between different media types. This also means that in control center rooms are now displayed instead of individual speakers. You have to choose what speakers you want to use in a room per media type:
* Select permanently what speakers you want to use when listening to Music/Podcasts in a specific room.
* Select permanently what speakers you want to use when playing movies in a specific room.
* Select permanently what speakers you want to use when playing games in a specific room.
* When the internal TV speakers are not selected as speaker output in one of those, you get the option to turn the TV on to show the current album cover.
* *This means that when you select a room and play a video, it will use the speakers that you have selected for movies and TV shows. When playing music in that room it will use the speakers that you have selected for music and podcasts. The* [bubbles](http://imgur.com/Eqc4hto) should show rooms, not devices.
* Make Siri smarter.
* When there is something playing on my HomePod and I ask Siri on another device where nothing is playing, it should pause the HomePod.
* Let Siri show things on the big screen while using hand free Siri from the HomePod