The iPad is amazing, I can’t go back (but I have a situation)
Actually, I have 2 situations:
**1st situation -** The iPad is an amazing device, I bought the pro version in 2016 (1st generation) and haven´t regretted so far, I use daily in the college for making notes, writing stuff, studying, drawing, doing some vector, editing some photos, etc, I just love it. BUT there are a few things that the iPad **can’t do** at the moment that are very important in my student workflow, so I thought I should buy a MacBook to be 100% portable (at the moment I have a windows gaming desktop and the iPad) which I really need for doing my college stuff. So I need your help to make my list grow and we could make some argument on where the iPad could get better in the next few years (ios and hardware speaking). So I’ll start here with a few things where the iPad can’t quite keep with my student needs (feel free to add yours based on what u need): **LIST:**
1. it can’t handle **Excel** spreadsheets and **Powerpoint** presentations (well it can, but it’s hard to make those spreadsheets in an efficient way and powerpoint can do amazing stuff like motion design and the iPad version is not even close on being possible and efficient on that way)
2. **Full blown Photoshop, illustrator, and premiere** (nothing to talk here although we now have affinity photo, affinity design and procreate – yup photoshop should be coming this year \o/)
3. **Microsoft Word Plugins** (as a student in the health area we do a lot of research and for citing and referencing we use some kind of word plugins called reference manager, eg. Mendeley, endnote, etc we can’t install them on iPad yet)
4. It doesn’t handle **Anki Flashcards** (it has a very very limited version on the app store, but as a student who needs to make a lot of flashcards with plugins that are just amazing on what they do, retrieval practice is a big part on the efficient studying side of things and the iPad can’t quite do a lot on that – I use the iPad to actually review the flashcards but no to create them)
5. Full desktop experience **Browser** (I use chrome in the desktop since I have a windows machine, having to come back to my pc just because some sites don’t have an optimized version for mobile or even the finder/explorer app is badly integrated with the browser that I can’t seem to download some stuff is really annoying)
6. **Files app** (like…it really needs to get better and at least accept an external hard drive)
For now, that’s it, I want you guys to keep this list growing so we can have an idea on where the iPad needs to get better, try to give a little background on what you do for occupation/hobby and go on!
**2nd situation** – I have a 32gb iPad pro 12.9′ with apple pencil + smart keyboard but I just can’t live with 32gb anymore, my cousin is going to the USA this June/July and I want to upgrade my iPad so, where can I buy a brand new 256gb iPad pro 12.9 2nd generation if that’s possible? I think migrating to a 3rd gen where I need to buy a new apple pencil and new smart keyboard too would be an overkill and really expensive (where I live its almost impossible to buy one).