iOS 13 Introduces New 'Optimized Battery Charging' Feature
Apple in iOS 13 introduced a new “Optimized Battery Charging” feature, which is designed to extend the total battery life of your iOS device.
Found in the Battery section of Settings under “Battery Health,” the optional toggle learns from your personal habits and waits to finish charging all the way up until you need your iPhone.
For example, if you often charge your phone up at night while you sleep, Apple might charge it to 80 percent right away, but wait until an hour or so before you wake up to charge the remaining 20 percent.
That keeps your iPhone at an optimal capacity for battery health, rather than keeping it close to 100 percent on the charger.
Avoiding topping up the battery continually while it sits on the charger reduces the amount of time that your device spends at maximum capacity, and over time, this could extend the life of your battery.
Battery health has been a hot topic over the course of the last year, after Apple was found throttling the processor speeds of iOS devices with degraded batteries to prolong device life as long as possible.
That issue spurred Apple to be more forthcoming about overall battery health, providing details about capacity and performance in the Battery portion of Settings. Aside from the new toggle to optimize charging, there are no major changes to the Battery Health feature in the first iOS 13 beta.
This article, "iOS 13 Introduces New 'Optimized Battery Charging' Feature" first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums