[Discussion] I truly hope Sign in with Apple replaces App Specific Passwords
Just my thoughts and hopes because currently, it’s just too much work to get logged into some apps.
If I want to log my iCloud account into an app, I first remember that I have to visit appleid.apple.com to request a password, but if I don’t remember to do so…
– Enter Email
– Enter Password
– Be told it’s incorrect though I know it’s correct
– Figure out I need to visit appleid.apple.com
– Input email address & password I just entered previously and was told it was incorrect
– Receive two-factor authentication code, remember it and enter it
– Go to Security – App Specific Password section – Generate Password
– Fight with tap and hold to select the text of code and copy
– Switch back to the app and paste code
– Logged in
Where as Sign in with Apple could simply bypass all these steps with its random email creation and I’m signed in all within one or two steps.