I created a FREE app to calculate theoretical options prices and generate a profit/loss table for options strategies!
I should preface this with: my app is a very niche app targeted for options traders. If you’re not familiar with options trading, what it is, how it works, why you would want an app like this — I don’t want to waste your time (even if the app is free)!
A few months ago, I posted on /r/Options announcing the release of the first version of my iOS app that allowed you to build and test different strategies and view a comprehensive and easy to understand profit/loss spreadsheet.
Today, I’m posting because version 2.0 has been approved and I wanted to highlight some cool new features that have been added in the past few months.
– The ability to show/hide individual legs.
– The capability for SPX options.
– Small UX improvements like being able to quickly set the Bid/Ask/Last price when adding a leg.
– The ability to refresh options data so you can see how different positions might’ve played out.
– The ability to edit the quantity, volatility, and trade price of an option leg after adding it.
– Full support for iOS 13 and the profit/loss spreadsheets look *amazing* in dark mode.
I would also like to address the pricing model of the app. **The app is free and allows you to manage one strategy at a time to the full capability of the app (no features other than the one strategy at a time limit are restricted). This was done on purpose to give users an idea if the app is for them without leaving them to guess if various features would be useful to them.** If you find the app useful and want to be able to manage more than one strategy, the ‘full’ version of the app (which is solely the ability to manage unlimited strategies simultaneously) is $5.99.
Either way, it’d be really cool if you checked it out and **left me your thoughts below**. Bugs/glitches/missing features that you think are essential are all things that I’m looking to improve on! So please don’t let what’s missing or what could be fixed completely turn you off from the idea behind the app.
Available for FREE on the iOS App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/options-profit-calculator/id1471273380
P.S. Mac & Android are on the way!