Apple Shares the 'Best of 2019' Highlighting Top Apps and Games, Plus First Apple Music Awards
Apple today hosted an event in New York City where the company announced its annual “best of” lists, highlighting the best apps, games, and music that were favorites of the year.
After sharing details with members of the media, Apple released all of its top picks in a new article available on its Apple Newsroom site.
– Apple Arcade Game of the Year – Sayonara Wild Hearts by Simogo (Apple Arcade)
– iPhone App of the Year – Spectre Camera by Lux Optics ($2.99)
– iPhone Game of the Year – Sky: Children of the Light by thatgamecompany (Free)
– iPad App of the Year – Flow by Moleskine (Free)
– iPad Game of the Year – Hyper Light Drifter by Abylight S.L. ($4.99)
– Mac App of the Year – Affinity Publisher by Serif Labs ($49.99)
– Mac Game of the Year -GRIS by Devolver / Nomada Studio ($4.99)
– Apple TV App of the Year – The Explorers by The Explorers Network ($4.99)
– Apple TV Game of the Year – Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap by DotEmu ($7.99)
Apple is also highlighting top movies, TV shows, music, podcasts, and more. Apple has named Billie Eilish its Global Artist of the Year, and Eilish will perform at the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park on December 4 at 6:30 p.m.
Lizzo is Apple’s breakthrough Artist of the Year, and the Song of the Year is “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X. All of the winning artists are receiving a special Apple-designed award.
Apple’s full article has a complete list of the winners for each of its services, along with top charts and other data that’s worth checking out if you’re looking for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, books, and apps you might have missed over the course of 2019.
This article, "Apple Shares the 'Best of 2019' Highlighting Top Apps and Games, Plus First Apple Music Awards" first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums