Long time Android user that switched from a pixel 3xl to Iphone 11. Here are some of my thoughts so far and still deciding if I am gonna stay with it.
Happy New year all. I got a great deal on trading in a old Iphone 7 I had laying around and got 500 bucks towards an 11 so I said what the hell thats a great deal. I still kept my pixel 3Xl and figured i would give this a shot. I never used IOS as a daily driver before only used it with my ipad. I am going to list my positives and negatives so far.
* This phone is super fast and very fluid. Apps as well as games run super fast. Zero lag or hiccups.
* Face ID so far as been great with this. I am a hat guy and have different baseball as well as winter hats and it has not missed a beat.
* Video is by the far the best video I have ever taking with a smart phone. Zooming in and out there is no choppiness and the sound is fantastic. Just the over all experience is great.
* Build quilty is nice on this phone. It feel really nice in my hand and it really has a premium feel. You deff get what you pay for.
* Apple watch. My son had his old series 1 watch laying around and i hooked it up. Even though it is older i really like this watch more so then my fitbit versa. If i stick with the phone I will deff be getting at least a 4.
* Buying cases, screen protectors and other stuff is so much more easier then any android phone. I mean I can buy a case at the corner store down the road if I need too.
* I really enjoy playing with the shortcuts. I have been doing some fun stuff with them so far.
* Always on Display. I really miss it. I know its kind of a dumb feature but I could see the time as well as if I had any texts or missed calls.
* Call Screening. Its only a google feature but It it got rid of a lot a crap calls i did not want to take.
* App draw and weather on my home screen. I just miss a clean display. Not a big fan of all the icons on my screen. IOS just seems very messy and all over the place.
* This is a big one for me. The keyboard. I do not like apple in screen keyboard for sending txt, social media Etc. IT drives me nuts, It is very small and there is no touch haptics when i press and number or letter. To be honest if any thing gets me to go back to my pixel 3xl its this.
* The camera is still better on my pixel 3xl when it comes to certain things.
Tomorrow will be be a week since using the 11 and I figured i would make a choice soon. Here is the thing though, my 15 yr old son will be making out in this deal. what ever phone I choose to use he will get the other one. He is using a oneplus 3t right now and still a fast phone but the batter is crap. Besides missing some stuff and really not liking the keyboard my experience has been great so far. Gonna be a hard choice but Going to make it soon.