When Apple mess up things that used to work…
It’s happening more and more. One example – “Reminders”, was upgraded in IOS 13. But in a practical way it’s now a lot worse than it was –
* In Reminder check-lists, it used to be possible to quickly remove “completed” items from the list by quickly double-tapping the title word. They removed this highly useful shortcut, without replacing it.
* On the lock screen new reminders just say “New Reminder” not what it the reminder says. This is a really hopeless change.
* Going backward and forward, in and out of reminder lists now requires pressing a tiny left arrow at the top left of the screen. What is this, Windows 7?
* Opening pages and the app in general is slower (meaning the code is less efficient.)
* There is a problem with Reminders not updating across devices on the same iCloud account. This never happened with the old Reminders.
* The app is less visually attractive than it was.
* It’s not compatible Mac Mojave (only one Mac OS prior) this is unforgivable because many people avoided upgrading to Catalina for many reasons.
There are also various useful things they could have very easily introduced, but didn’t – It’s still impossible to set individual alert sounds to each reminder, for example. An obviously needed thing.
This makes the customers like myself looking for alternatives.
They really are losing the plot aren’t they.