Mate – Safari extension for learning languages by watching Netflix
Hi there! We just released a big update of our best-in-class Mac translator app – [Mate](https://gikken.co/mate-translate/mac/).
We brought our integrations to a new level – now you can translate Netflix subtitles by simply clicking on them. Binging isn’t procrastination but language learning now!
**Many of you have heard that macOS will have some of its own translation features starting with Big Sur.** The very first logical question that may pop up in your head is “Why Mate then?”
I’m glad to answer! First of all, Mate serves a slightly different target audience. Mate is different from Apple or Google Translate at its core.
We focused on a small niche of pro users & learners who live languages. Who translate so much that a simple double-click saves them hours every week as opposed to copy-pasting.
**To name a few, here are things that Mate nails better:**
* [103 languages](https://gikken.co/mate-translate/languages/) instead of 12
* One-click translation of sentences and words on pages, not only full page
* Translate selected text in any Mac app, not only in Safari
* Uninterrupted writing flow – always available in the menu bar
* Phrasebook for saving vocabulary that you want to learn.
However, there are things that we proudly share with Apple:
* A firm stance on [privacy](https://gikken.co/mate-translate/privacy/)
* Seamless full page translations in Safari
**As a little launch celebration, I would like to gladly share 20 promo codes** using our [other product](https://gikken.co/tokens/) for organizing beautiful app giveaways: [https://tokn.co/c/RCKYpRWl](https://tokn.co/c/RCKYpRWl)