PGA Championship 2018 live stream: how to watch free US PGA golf coverage online
Don't call it the fourth major! It may be the last golf major on the calendar, but the US PGA Championship can hardly be described as the least. And we can tell you how to live stream all four days from wherever you are – and absolutely FREE!
Making their way into a clubhouse lead before the storms came late on Friday evening were a cavalcade of Americans. Led by Gary Woodland and in-form Kevin Kisner, US Open champion Brooks Koepka, effervescent Rickie Fowler and the dangerous Dustin Johnson are all looking poised to make a move on Saturday.
Now into its 100th edition (happy birthday, PGA Championship!), the tournament has been the place where some of recent history's most promising golfers have finally broken their major duck – with Justin Thomas, Jimmy Walker and Jason Day making up the last three victors. That's great news for the likes of Rickie Fowler, Jon Rahm and Tommy Fleetwood – all are below par through the first 36 holes, so will the 2018 US PGA be their time to step up? Other previous winners Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods (both likely to avoid the cut) will certainly hope not.
Bellerive is looking like a handsome home for the 100th PGA Championship. And there are plenty of places you can watch all the action, with some very easy-to-access FREE online options in there, too. Keep reading to see how to get a PGA Championship live stream from any corner of the Earth.
Live stream the golf for free at PGA.com
Well here's a stroke of good news (pun very much intended) – it looks like the official tournament website, PGA.com, will be live streaming some of the best action. The schedule currently says that it will be showing a live stream of featured groups every single day, as well as shots at holes 16, 17 and 18. You just need to pop in an email address and US zipcode to log in and start watching.
That does mean that until the featured groups hit the course, or the first few players get to the 16th hole, the web page will just tell you that it's "currently off air".
Aside from the US PGA live stream, we have more US watching options below.
How to watch the US PGA golf in the US
There are number of options you can watch the US PGA golf if you're stateside:
– The live stream from PGA.com as mentioned above. Although you'll be limited to what the website wants to show you and we doubt the coverage will have the sheen and depth of most dedicated broadcasters.
– TNT and CBS have grabbed the rights in the US this year. Cable-based TNT has all four rounds, but CBS will provide FREE coverage on its website of the third and fourth rounds. Great news for golf fans who don't want to shell out for a subscription.
– Following the lead of the likes of WWE and UFC, the PGA has got itself all modern and produced its very own subscription golf service. PGA Tour Live costs $5.99 per month (or $39.99 for a year) and hosts all the action from over 30 events. Plus, it has its own iOS, Android and Apple TV apps so you can access anywhere.
– The Golf Channel is available from most cable providers as well and has comprehensive coverage of the event.
– If you're outside the US this weekend but want to access one of the above options, then you can use a VPN service to effectively transport your computer, phone or tablet's IP back to a US location.
How to watch the PGA Championship live: UK stream
Live stream the 2018 PGA Championship action in Canada
Images courtesy of PGA.com