Apple Watch 4 as monitor for elderly heart patient
I’m hoping anyone here can shed some light on the following usage scenario, as I am not an Apple user myself, and lack hands-on-knowledge when it comes to the Apple ecosystem:
– My mother has a heart condition, and is easy to panic, which exacerbates her that condition.
– She does not have an Apple device at the moment.
– She is slow to pick up new technology, and got her Android phone from a recently deceased life-long friend.
– My sister is a medical professional, and owns an iPhone 8.
To alleviate our worries about our mom, we gift her an Apple Watch 4 for new year’s, and couple that device to wifi and my sister’s phone. Any communication between both devices would either have to happen via internet or her 2-3 weekly visits. I have no doubt this is possible, but I’m unclear about the scope of the possibilities in this case.
– Would my sister’s phone get real-time readings, scheduled reports, manual reports or only be able to check info during her visits?
– Would my sister’s messages, mails and other communications pop-up on the Watch?
– Is any kind of coupling between my mom’s Android phone and the Watch possible, without losing the connectivity to my sister’s iPhone?
Basically, can the Watch be utilized as a third party monitoring device, or should I buy her an iPhone as well, and set up some kind of information forwarding/sharing scheme?
PS: Our mom is totally on board with being monitored, this does not need to happen stealthily.