iPad Mini gen 1 advice on flash
Hi guys, I have the ipad mini gen 1 using ios 9.3.5. I cannot update this any further. I need a flash player/browser installed on my mini.
What apps can I download to get this accomplished? Puffin browser (free) isn’t available anymore. Some other ones I’ve tried like photon requires ios 10.
Note: I do NOT have access to a newer device to get it onto my account as detailed here:
I managed to install Puffin Browser (Yes, I shelled out for it… T.T). My classes weren’t loading on my college’s online learning platform on Safari, Chrome, Dolphin browser, etc.
**Issues I experienced**
* Ipad mini gen 1 on ios 9.3.5. I added a payment method, first time buying so it asked me to verify. I was stuck on “Manage payment” tab. It had the spinning circle/loading thing and wouldn’t go past it.
* I barely used the ipad when I first got it back in 2012 so barely had any apps on account (and I switched to Android). Not many apps on my account, so when I tried to get “new” apps, they all said “incompatible with current version of iOS”
**Steps I took to bypass problems**
1. Installed old version of iTunes(v [188.8.131.52](https://184.108.40.206)) on Windows 10 (ipad mini gen 1 is my only apple device)
2. This version has to be used to access the “apps” section of the store. “Apps” section have been removed from iTunes in newer versions (at least on the Windows client…)
2. I added new payment method to my apple id online using
3. Then I used the iTunes client windows version to get new apps onto my apple account to show that I purchased them.
1. Free apps – clicked “get” on iTunes windows client to add to account
2. Paid apps (Puffin Browser, for me) – asked for verification on iTunes Windows client
1. Verified on the itunes on windows… NOT the one on iPad (it gets stuck on iPad as mentioned before)
4. Went back to ipad mini > app store > purchased and installed from there
1. Some apps installed with the last compatible version. Other apps didn’t have a compatible version so didn’t install.