Alpenglow v6.0 – Sunrise & Sunset Quality Forecasts & Times
Alpenglow started as an experiment a few years ago to try and crowdsource whether a sunrise/sunset was good or not to then alert people nearby missing out. As a lover of sunsets, I would always be mad if I looked outside and saw the remnants of a stunning sky, realizing I had missed the best light.
Since then, smarter people than I have built algorithms to calculate quality forecasts for Sunrise and Sunset which Alpenglow now uses to display forecasts for your location ahead of time alongside times for Sunrise, Sunset & Golden hours.
[Download on the App Store](https://apps.apple.com/us/app/alpenglow-sunset-forecasts/id978589174?itsct=apps_box&itscg=30200&ct=sunday)
**Version 6 brings with it a whole heap of iOS 14 changes and a total rewrite in SwiftUI…**
* Home Screen Widgets, Sun-Times, Next Event, and Forecasts. (Small bug fix for Widgets is in review with Apple)
* Share links for forecasts that trigger App Clips when shared via Messages or via the App Clip Banner.
* Forecast Notifications for Pro users if the quality is forecast to be over a selected threshold.
* Brand new App Icon & variants from [Michael Flarup](https://twitter.com/flarup/status/1313471429464264706).
* Localization, the app is now available in French, German and Spanish.
**Coming in the next few updates…**
* Apple Watch app will make a return.
* Adding elevation into sun time calculations to increase accuracy.
* Ability to select when Forecast Notifications are delivered just like Reminders.
* Additional weather information for events to help validate quality forecasts.
* Ability to submit field reports. I hope to use reports to improve the accuracy of forecasts.
I’d love to hear any feedback. Alpenglow is also at r/Alpenglow if you want to send it over there.