For those awaiting the iPad Air 4, I think we can expect it on October 13. Here’s why.
I know I’m not the only one eager for the demise of that “Available in October” message. I’ve cobbled together some interesting evidence. I’m no expert, but here’s why I think October 13 is a safe bet:
* The deadline for the back-to-school promotional event (offering free AirPods or discounted AirPods Pro with purchase of certain MacBooks and iPads) has been extended from September 29 to October 12. In other words, 10/13 is just after the promotion ends.
* The iPad Air 4 was announced on a Tuesday. 10/13 is also a Tuesday.
* The iPad Air 4 was announced on 15th September. 10/13 is exactly four weeks after 9/15.
* Recently, the “Delivery Currently Unavailable” message changed to “Coming Soon.” Why would this message change when the launch is still an entire month out? Hence, my speculative/unofficial “before mid-October” rule
* 10/13 meets the before mid-October rule (see above)
What do you think? And to anyone else waiting, high five. Soon.